Learn the Keys to Successful Leadership Results – Right from the Start
Congratulations! Getting promoted (especially to a supervisory role) is exciting . . . and scary. A promotion to leadership, supervision or management brings unexpected challenges and changes.
Maybe you don’t really know what is expected of you.
Maybe you got promoted over your friends or peers, and aren’t sure how to make those relationships work.
Maybe you got the job . . . and others you know wanted it (badly).
We know – The reality is leadership is complex to start with, and when you add all of these concerns on top of it, it can be overwhelming.
According to careerbuilder.com more than 60% of new leaders don’t get any training at all. And even if your organization does provide some training, it often comes too late and lacks a focus on leadership skills that can help you become effective in communicating with, collaborating with, and coaching your team.
And the sad truth is that 40% of new managers fail within the first 18 months of promoting them. Why? Because they don’t get the training they need to:
- Deal with people
- Manage other people’s work
- Mediate conflict
- Be good at project management
- Juggle deadlines
- Hire and fire
- Deal with HR issues
- Communicate goals and expectations clearly (leaving everyone floundering)
In other words, they get promoted because they were good at their job—good at the “doing”—not because they can actually manage people or projects and report to the higher-ups.
Now, there’s a place where first-time managers and supervisors can learn the kinds of things it usually takes managers years to learn—At Bud to Boss, you can get this quality, focused, practical supervisor training in only 2 days.
Bud to Boss is a powerful, interactive, 2-day workshop, where you can get the professional foundation you need and learn how to:
- Influence, work, and negotiate with people—not just boss them around
- Mediate and negotiate
- Get rid of your fear of conflict by learning ways to address it and neutralize it
- Engage, lead and develop a team
- Manage your time and juggle an ever-changing list of priorities
- Improve communication to be more powerful, persuasive and memorable
- Overcome resistance and accelerate organizational change
- Delegate effectively to increase productivity and motivation
- Implement an effective coaching model that maximizes your team’s performance
(Still not sure if Bud to Boss is right for you? Or need a little help convincing your boss? Check out these videos from Kevin!)
Bud to Boss goes beyond the nuts and bolts of your job. You already know that stuff, or else you wouldn’t have gotten the promotion. The skills that win the promotion—usually expert technical know-how, a good work ethic, and a good attitude—won’t prepare you for all the unexpected challenges managers face. If you haven’t managed people, dealt with heavy time management issues, administered company policy or had to deal with upper management directly before, then you have been left completely unprepared to succeed.
The good news is that while management skills may not always come naturally, they can—and must—be developed. And that’s what Bud to Boss is all about.
But will one workshop really cut it?
We understand that one workshop isn’t your single ticket to management excellence and we don’t expect you to go back after two days and get it all right, all of the time.
Bottom line-as great as the workshop is, like any training, when you return to work, you will have additional questions, and you might encounter a challenge in applying all you learned.
That’s why, with Bud to Boss, your registration INCLUDES three live, group coaching sessions! These three sessions give you direct and personal access to Steve Johnston – one of the certified Bud to Boss Trainers (he may be the facilitator of your workshop), for one full hour per session, after you return from the workshop, to help you master the strategies and techniques you learn in the workshop.
With group coaching, you’ll have access to:
- Answers to your most pressing questions.
- Advice on your stickiest situations.
- Advice on implementing your ideas and plans more successfully.
- An opportunity to share successes.
- Confirmation that what you are planning to try will work.
- Valuable learning opportunities from the questions & challenges of others in the group.
Don’t risk your career by stumbling along, making rookie mistakes and learning by trial and error. Get the essential management techniques and strategies you need to succeed.
Register today to become the leader you know you can be.