Survival Secrets for Managing the 4 Transitions Every New Leader Faces
March 5 @ 2:00 pm ET
After the congratulations have been said, and you are taking your new leadership role, the facts begin to sink in. You can’t do or think about things in the same way you did before. Welcome to the leadership transitions! Times of transition require you to wrestle with the frustrations of learning new ways of thinking and new skill sets.
– How do I make discipline stick with my “friends”?
– How do I get “lazy” people to work?
– What is the best way for me to communicate with my peer leaders?
– Who communicates my new role to others?
– What can I do to deal with problem employees?
– How do I deal those who wanted the job?
– What exactly is my role anyway?
– How can I make sure I am successful?
If you are asking yourself any of these questions, you aren’t alone. The transition to a leadership role (whether it’s your first leadership role or simply a new-to-you role) is likely the biggest, most challenging, and perhaps most important of your career.
And while one transition is that of a new role – a role that mostly called for you to focus on your performance and results to a role that calls for you to focus on both your results and the results of other people – that is not the only transition you will face as a new leader.
You will face four difficult transitions that you must successfully navigate in order to be an effective leader. They are:
- The Skills Transition
- The Relationships Transition
- The Mindset Transition
- The Perspective Transition
In this webinar, Kevin Eikenberry, best-selling author of From Bud to Boss: Secrets to the Successful Transition to Remarkable Leadership, and co-founder of the entire Bud to Boss brand of leadership learning products, will teach you the secrets to successfully handle these tricky transitions together. Using the practical and helpful advice in his best-selling book, Kevin will give you a clear road map to leadership success.
You’ll learn how to get beyond the stress, fear and uncertainty of your new role, so you can put your energy into becoming the most effective leader you can be.
During this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Understand the four transitions that new leaders and why they are important
- Recognize which transition might be the cause of your biggest leadership challenges
- Apply specific action steps to successfully complete each transition
- Build leadership confidence through each of these transitions
About Your Facilitator:
Kevin Eikenberry is a world renowned leadership expert, two-time bestselling author, speaker, consultant, trainer and coach. He has been helping organizations, teams and individuals reach their potential since 1993 through his leadership and learning consulting company, The Kevin Eikenberry Group.
He has been recognized as Inc.com’s Top 100 Leadership and Management Experts in the World and 100 Great Leadership Speakers for Your Next Conference, American Management Association’s Leaders to Watch and Top Sales World’s Top Sales & Marketing Influencers.
He is the author or contributing author to over 15 books, including the best-sellers, Remarkable Leadership: Unleashing Your Leadership Potential One Skill at a Time and From Bud to Boss: Secrets to a Successful Transition to Remarkable Leadership.